Minimally Invasive Gynecologic and Pelvic Floor Surgery
Whether linked to fibroids, chronic pelvic pain, or heavy bleeding, some conditions can only be resolved through surgery. The good news is that Franciscan offers many effective surgery options – including minimally invasive procedures - depending upon your diagnosis, personal preferences, and plan of care. Our skilled, experienced surgeons use the latest technology to encourage faster recovery and few post-surgery restrictions.
Common gynecological conditions requiring surgery
- Endometrial ablation, a treatment for heavy menstrual bleeding (a possible alternative to hysterectomy in some cases).
- Hysterectomy, removal of the uterus. Vaginal or minimally-invasive laparoscopic hysterectomies are available.
- Prolapsed organ procedures, many types of minimally invasive surgery can be used to treat this condition. You and your surgeon will discuss with the most suitable type of surgery, depending on factors such as your specific type of pelvic organ displacement, your age, activity level and overall health.
- Urinary and fecal incontinence treatments, with a physical therapy assessment plan, your surgeon will partner with you to consider the best treatment options. If surgery is necessary, our surgeons specialize in minimally invasive techniques for the best possible outcome.
Minimally invasive surgical options
- Laparoscopy, Surgery aided by a small camera inserted into the abdomen for minimally-invasive removal of ovaries or ovarian masses, hysterectomy or treatment of endometriosis.
- Hysteroscopy, Surgery aided by a small camera brought into the uterus for removal of polyps or fibroids.
- Robotic surgery, An approach using robotic technology to assist your surgeon in complex and delicate procedures.
- Vaginal surgery, The least invasive type of surgery requires no incisions and can be used for many gynecologic problems.
Franciscan is a Center of Excellence
As an American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL™) Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology™, Franciscan has met an impressive list of requirements for surgery volume, patient education, and an overall commitment to gynecological care as part of a continuum of care for patients. We’re one of only two programs in Washington State with this credential. Learn more about our accreditation and surgeons.
These are just a few of the most common procedures. To learn more, call 1-888-825-3227 for a referral to a physician. Learn more about surgical alternatives.
AAGL Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology™, COEMIG™ and the COEMIG seal are trademarks of the AAGL. All rights reserved.