Is Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery For You?
Is surgical weight loss for you?
Choosing surgery is a serious decision. Getting all relevant information will help you confidently determine if it’s the right option for you. The ultimate choice will be between you and your doctor.
These questions will help you decide:
- Are you 18 or older?
- Have you tried other medical and nutritional weight loss programs without long-term success?
- Are you more than 100 pounds over your ideal body weight?
- Do you have a body mass index (BMI) more than 40? or
- Do you have a BMI more than 35 and experience severe weight-related side effects such as high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes or sleep apnea?
- Are you unable to sustain a healthy weight, even with medically supervised dieting?
- Have you previously failed medically supervised attempts at weight loss?
- Do you understand bariatric weight loss surgery and its possible risks?
- Will you refrain from smoking, illicit drugs and alcohol?
- Will you maintain dietary requirements and medication regimes?
- Do you have a strong support system to help you achieve long-term success?
If the answers are yes...
Take the first step