If you have had an illness, accident, or injury that continues to limit you in daily life or has left you with a disability, Franciscan Health System can support you and help you recover and gain the widest range of function possible in daily living activities. Franciscan Inpatient Acute Rehabilitation is one of the the most established programs in the Puget Sound and is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). Our neuro-rehab program provides specialized care and a wide range of services to both hospitalized and non-hospitalized patients.
For more information about this program, please call us at 253-426-6761.
Who benefits from rehab?
We help people suffering from:
- neurological disease
- trauma to the brain or spinal cord
- multiple fractures
- back injury
- spinal degeneration
- orthopedic conditions (e.g. arthritis, joint replacement)
Services and education
Our hospitalized patients receive an intensive schedule of physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech-language therapy, and any other type of service needed to maximize recovery. Highly trained therapists and nurse educators teach family members to meet and manage specific and complex medical needs and conditions, including:
- medical regimens
- dietary restrictions
- feeding tubes
- cardiac rehabilitation
- respiratory therapy
- intravenous lines
- ostomies (artificial passages for body waste elimination)
- prosthetics (artificial limbs)
- orthotics (supports or braces)
- assistance with transition to home
The rehab team
Successful rehabilitation depends on a cohesive team approach among specialists, the patient, family members, and friends. Professionals on the team may include:
- physiatrists (physicians specializing in physical medicine)
- rehabilitation nurses
- licensed physical and occupational therapists
- licensed and Certified speech-language pathologists
- neuropsychologists and licensed clinical psychologists
- medical social workers
- case managers
- certified recreation therapy specialists
For more information about this program, please call us at 253-426-6761 and we will assist you in which location will best meet your loved one’s needs.