May is Stroke Month, get involved!
The most advanced neurosciences, the most compassionate care
Franciscan Health System offers the most advanced neurosciences services for conditions of the brain and spine. Our medical staff is made up of experienced neurologists, neurosurgeons and subspecialists who offer the latest treatments for a wide variety of neurological diseases and disorders. Whatever the need, Franciscan offers the most advanced medical and surgical treatments in virtually every neurological field.
Our goal is to give the highest quality of medical care in a compassionate and understanding environment that is close to home, offering hope to our patients and their loved ones. We provide care that helps you live the life you love.
Our neurosciences programs include:
- Gamma Knife – St. Joseph Medical Center was the first hospital in the region to use this state-of-the-art technology in the treatment of life-threatening brain disorders.
- Deep Brain Stimulation (DBS) – This procedure offers new hope to patients with Parkinson’s, dystonia and essential tremors.
- Image-Guided Surgery – These techniques allow more precision in surgery.
- Sleep Disorders Centers – Three dedicated centers providing diagnostic testing and intervention for a wide range of sleep ailments.
- Spine Center – We meet the area’s growing need for total care of back pain through guided access to the range of care patients need.
- Head, Neck and Spinal Surgery – From minimally invasive spinal procedures to brain tumor surgery, we offer a variety of neurosurgical procedures and expertise.
- Stroke Treatment – Our hospitals provide exceptional care for patients suffering from stroke, from rapid response in our emergency rooms, to highly trained staff in our operating rooms and our first-of-its kind neuro critical care unit, to comprehensive therapies for post-stroke care.
- Neuro-Rehabilitation – We provide specialized therapy for patients suffering from multiple sclerosis or brain injuries.
- General Neurological Services – Our specialty-trained staff offer expertise in the range of neurological conditions, including Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s and epilepsy.