Franciscan Hospice Services
Franciscan offers comprehensive, and compassionate, award-winning Hospice, no matter where the patient is located or the stage of the care needed. Our services include:
This may be continuing care from your regular doctor, who becomes part of the Hospice team. He or she helps provide medical direction, plan of care and needed changes, physical and emotional support and pain management guidance.
The Hospice Nurse assesses and responds to care needs such as medication and medical equipment, and is central to the coordination of roles of all team members, along with education of family members and other caregivers. Provides 24-hour consultation and care as needed.
The hospice social worker provides counsel and help in prioritizing what is most important to patient and family, facilitating emotional support and helping strengthen relationships and focus on happy life memories. They also make referrals to outside support resources.
Whether religious or non-religious in focus, the hospice chaplain is specially trained for hospice, and follows the lead of the patient and family’s emotional and spiritual needs. They provide exceptional listening and support during life changes, decision making, concerns, relationships, etc.
Franciscan volunteers offer companionship, transportation and activities suited to enhance mobility and quality of life.
A variety of events, classes and counseling is available for up to 13 months following the loss of a loved one.
Other services are provided as needed, including:
- Pharmacy: medication education and home delivery
- Home Medical Equipment: program provides excellent service, set up and home delivery
- Comfort Therapies: massage, music, aromatherapy and others
- Dietitian: to help you meet your nutritional needs
- Physical Therapist: to help you maintain your mobility and strength
- Occupational Therapist: To adapt your home to provide you as much independence as possible
- Speech-Language Therapist: Can assist you with swallowing and communication. For a full overview of services, read our hospice and palliative patient and family booklet.
To start hospice and palliative care services, call 866-969-7028.
For general information, call 800-338-8305.