Franciscan Heart & Vascular Associates are cardiologists with clinics which are located throughout the South Sound in Tacoma, Lakewood, Gig Harbor, Federal Way and Auburn. These specialists are experts in heart health, experienced and skilled in diagnosis and treatment of a full range of heart and vascular conditions, including:
- coronary artery disease (CAD), also known as coronary heart disease (CHD): the narrowing of the arteries supplying blood and oxygen to the heart muscle, usually related to atherosclerosis (“hardening of the arteries”)
- heart valve disease: any problem in function of the heart valves which control blood flow through the heart muscle
- arial fibrillation (irregular, usually rapid heartbeat)
- angina (chest pain)
- heart failure: the inability of the heart to pump enough blood to meet the body’s needs
- patients at high risk of heart attack or stroke
All Franciscan cardiologists have a wide range of experience in general cardiology, and several are also specialists in the management of heart failure and heart rhythm issues.
See a full list of Franciscan cardiologists.
Get more information on Diagnosing Heart and Vascular Disease and on the tests and imaging services provided by Franciscan.