Support and Resources
Franciscan Cancer Care offers patients a world of resources and support. Beyond quality care, our patients have access to nurse navigators who offer assistance with appointments or referrals to other specialists, a cancer resource center, support groups, community programs and helpful online resources. Learn more about how you can connect with others, share information and learn more on your cancer journey.
Cancer patient navigation at Franciscan Cancer Center
Historically, navigators have helped ships and planes find their way to their destination. One of the more recent trends in cancer care is to provide patients with a “navigator." A patient navigator helps the patient and their loved ones through the cancer journey and the healthcare system – from start to finish. Examples of help that navigators may provide includes:
- Advocating for patients and helping to find solutions and removing barriers to care in the health system. A navigator is a "barrier buster."
- Assisting with care coordination and appointments for timely and consistent care.
- Providing information and education about the disease, treatment options and other concerns about the diagnosis.
- Providing resources or connecting patients with the resources needed to get through cancer treatment.
- All navigation services are free to cancer patients.