OneCare Epic Update May 6, 2013
Training Updates for Clinics and Hospitals
(Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or (253) 792-4800 or 152-4800)
- Wave 2 staff and physician training enrollment is open and the course catalog is posted on the OneCare training site. Other clinic waves are not open for registration yet and their course catalogs have not been posted.
- Hospital staff and inpatient physician registration for Epic classes is open and course catalogs are posted on the OneCare training site. Managers will register staff in LEARN. Physicians can register by calling the Epic training hotline (see above). End User/Physician training will be from June 17 – July 31.
What Patient Information will be in Epic at Clinic Go-Live?
Currently FHS patients may have multiple paper charts in various locations. In bringing historic patient information into Epic for the Wave 1 clinic go-live, it was determined that we would use patient information located in Primary Care charts as our one “source of truth” for abstraction. At go-live, staff will be able to see the following:
- The “fundamental four” are being manually abstracted and loaded into Epic
- Problem list
- 6 months of past labs and diagnostic imaging are being electronically loaded into Epic
- This represents millions of records. Patient duplicates or “not found” files are currently being reviewed and corrected by HIM staff to eliminate errors.
- If physicians/providers do not see the lab/DI information they need, they can go to the Elysium Tab integrated into Epic and it will take them to all records stored in Elysium.
- Up to 5 scanned documents from the patient’s paper chart, as determined by the physician/provider.
30-Day Go-Live Readiness Assessment Held for Clinics
Last week’s 30-Day GLRA for Wave 1 clinics demonstrated that we are complete or nearly complete on all the necessary elements for go-live, or that we have identified viable work-around strategies with the clinic stakeholders to ensure successful implementation. Tremendous progress has been made in the last few weeks with the clinic operational leaders closely engaged in the process. While there were still issues to be resolved, the consensus of the project team, operational leaders and Epic is that Wave 1 will be ready for June 3.
Technical Dress Rehearsals for Wave 1 Begin Next Week
Technical Dress Rehearsals (TDRs) will be held at all Wave 1 clinics over the next week. All devices will be tested to ensure they are properly connected and working prior to go-live. Dates for TDRs include:
- May 14: Franciscan Medical Clinic - Gig Harbor; Franciscan Medical Clinic on Pt. Fosdick; St. Anthony Prompt Care
- May 15: Franciscan Medical Clinic - Port Orchard
- Franciscan Prompt Care – Bonney Lake; Franciscan Medical Clinic – Bonney Lake Internal Medicine; Franciscan Medical Clinic – Bonney Lake Family Medicine
Hospital Site Leads Introduced
Hospital site leads have been selected and introduced to their designated hospitals. These individuals will be the point people to coordinate tasks and information between the Epic project team and hospital leaders. Just a few of their responsibility include coordination of hospital requests with the OneCare Epic team and coordination of deployment activities at each hospital.
- Jerry Tonkovich, Co-Site Lead, St. Joseph Medical Center
- Shelley McDermott, Co-Site Lead, St. Joseph Medical Center
- Kevin Meadows – St. Francis Hospital
- David Gallagher – St. Clare Hospital
- Krystin Ruschman – St. Anthony Hospital
Highline Medical Center Kicks Off OneCare Epic
OneCare Epic implementation work began recently at Highline Medical Center. Kathy Putler has joined the Epic project team as project manager for the Highline implementation. Kathy, who has many years of Epic experience, will be dividing her time between the project team headquarters in Tacoma and an office at Highline. An Executive Project Kick-Off is scheduled for May 17, with a Kick-Off for directors and managers planned for May 30.
To get more information on OneCare Epic or to ask a specific question of the project team, please go to the OneCare Epic portal on FHSConnect (You must be logged onto the Franciscan network) or contact our Inpatient Physician Champion, Barry Weled, MD, or our Ambulatory Physician Champion, Dean Field, MD.
Week of May 6, 2013
Week of March 18, 2013
Week of February 26, 2013
Week of February 4, 2013
Week of January 14, 2013
Week of January 7, 2013
Week of December 17, 2012
Week of December 10, 2012
Week of December 3, 2012
Week of November 19, 2012
Week of November 12, 2012
Week of November 5, 2012
Week of October 29, 2012
Week of October 22, 2012
Week of October 8, 2012
Week of October 1, 2012
Week of September 24, 2012
Week of September 17, 2012
Week of September 10, 2012
Week of August 27, 2012
Week of August 20, 2012
Week of August 13, 2012
Week of July 30, 2012
Week of July 23, 2012
Week of July 16, 2012
Week of July 9, 2012
Week of July 2, 2012