Protect yourself and your family
We want to help you stay healthy this season, with flu shots available at many Franciscan clinic locations. Flu shots reduce your chances of fever, sore throat, muscle aches and other flu-like symptoms. Get your shot today and protect yourself before the flu season peak!
Free flu vaccinations in King County
Free flu vaccinations for people without insurance or who cannot afford to pay. Information on locations and times.
Which vaccine is right for you?
- The “flu shot” is an inactivated vaccine
that is given with a needle in the arm. The flu shot is approved for people six months and older, including healthy people and people with chronic medical conditions.
- The nasal-spray flu vaccine
is made with live, weakened flu viruses. The viruses in the nasal spray vaccine do not cause the flu. The nasal spray vaccine is an option for healthy people between two and 49 years of age who are not pregnant.
Who should get a flu shot?
- Anyone at least six months old
- Those at high risk of pneumonia
- Pregnant women
- People age 65+ and caregivers
When not to get a flu shot
- Babies less than six months old
- Those allergic to eggs
- Those who've had a severe past reaction to a flu shot
- Those with a history of Guillain-Barré Syndrome; please tell your doctor