Strategy Pillar: Best Place to Work (People)
- Franciscan becomes the first health system in Washington to implement a nicotine-free hiring policy, supporting our mission to create healthier communities.
- Franciscan partners with Carena, Inc. to launch Franciscan Anytime, an innovative wellness service that provides our benefit-eligible employees after-hours access to medical advice and treatment via phone, web cam and in-person house calls.
- Through the Franciscan Experience initiative, we launch efforts to enhance patient, physician and employee satisfaction. These include AIDET (Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, Thank You), which is an evidence-based practice for communicating with patients and families, and fellow employees.
- Tim Lynch, regional director of pharmaceutical services, is named Pharmacist of the Year by the Washington State Pharmacy Association.
- Jennifer Gray, a registered nurse at St. Joseph Medical Center, is recognized as the Pierce County Nurse of the Year by the Pierce County Nurses Association.
- Nurses and other front-line caregivers at St. Francis Hospital commemorate the midway point of their three-year participation in a national initiative to improve care quality and patient satisfaction. They have put more than 70 ideas to the test as part of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation-sponsored Transforming Care at the Bedside collaborative.
- Franciscan pharmacists Tony Casanova and Eric Wymore receive the Innovative Pharmacy Practice Award from the Washington State Pharmacy Association.
- The Franciscan Foundation awards scholarships totaling $59,050 to 31 Franciscan employees pursuing undergraduate and graduate degrees in health care-related areas of study. Since 1996, the Foundation has given 280 educational scholarships valued at $432,900.
- Franciscan employees contribute $462,000 to the Cornerstone Club, a staff-supported philanthropy within the Franciscan Foundation.
- Franciscan employees pledge $120,971 to the annual United Way of Tacoma-Pierce County campaign, exceeding our fundraising goal by 21 percent.
- More than 1,720 volunteers within Franciscan log 147,762 hours of volunteer service (the equivalent of 72 full-time employees) to support the organization and our mission.
- Medical Oncologist Frank Senecal, MD, a member of the Franciscan medical staff, receives the 2011 HealthCare Champion Distinguished Service Award sponsored by the Pierce County Medical Society and Pierce County Business Examiner.
- Neurologist Patrick Hogan III, DO, a member of the Franciscan medical staff, receives the 2011 HealthCare Champion Community Service Award sponsored by the Pierce County Medical Society and Pierce County Business Examiner.
|Franciscan pharmacists Tony Casanova and Eric Wymore display the Innovative Pharmacy Practice Award they received from the Washington State Pharmacy Association.