Facts and Figures
Key facilities and programs include:
- St. Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma
- St. Clare Hospital, Lakewood
- St. Francis Hospital, Federal Way
- St. Elizabeth Hospital, Enumclaw
- St. Anthony Hospital, Gig Harbor
- Harrison Medical Center, Bremerton and Silverdale
- Harrison HealthPartners, primary care and specialty clinics
- Highline Medical Center, Burien
- Franciscan Center for Weight Management, Federal Way
- Franciscan Medical Group primary-care and specialty-care clinics
- Franciscan Hospice House, University Place
- Franciscan Port Clinic, Tacoma
- Carol Milgard Breast Center, Tacoma
Chief Executive Officer: Joseph W. Wilczek
Chief Operating Officer: Cliff Robertson, MD
Medical staff members: 2,346
Affiliation: Franciscan Health System is a non-profit organization affiliated with Catholic Health Initiatives, based in Englewood, Colorado.
St. Clare Hospital
11315 Bridgeport Way, S.W.
Lakewood, WA 98499
Opened: Began as Lakewood General Hospital in 1961; acquired by Franciscan Health System and renamed St. Clare Hospital in 1990
Licensed beds: 106
St. Francis Hospital
34515 Ninth Ave. S.
Federal Way, WA 98003
Opened: May 1987
Licensed beds: 134
St. Anthony Hospital
11567 Canterwood Blvd. N.W.
Gig Harbor, WA 98332
Opened: March 2009
Licensed beds: 80
St. Elizabeth Hospital
1455 Battersby Ave.
Enumclaw, WA 98022
Opened: February 2011; replaced Enumclaw Regional Hospital
Licensed beds: 38 (operates 25 as a critical-access hospital)
'Green' hospital: The U.S. Green Building Council has certified St. Elizabeth Hospital as a LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) facility for its environmentally friendly and energy efficient features.
Primary-care and specialty-care clinics and providers are throughout the Kitsap and the Olympic Peninsulas.
Franciscan Medical Group
Primary-care and specialty-care clinics and providers are located throughout Pierce, King and Kitsap counties.
Established: April 1999
Franciscan Hospice House
2901 Bridgeport Way W.
University Place, WA 98466
Opened: January 2005
Carol Milgard Breast Center
4525 S. 19th St.
Tacoma, WA 98405
Opened: February 2009
*The non-profit Carol Milgard Breast Center is a collaborative state-of-the-art breast center founded by the Franciscan Health System, MultiCare Health System and TRA Medical Imaging.