Online Student Orientation
Welcome to the Franciscan Health System student placement section.
The required document templates you will find here are:
- Franciscan Student Orientation Packet
- Franciscan Student Post Orientation Questions
- Franciscan Student Orientation Post Test Answer Key
- Franciscan Student Orientation Acknowledgement
- Franciscan Student Confidentiality Agreement
- Student Clinical Passport Requirements (SCPR)
Student Clinical Passport Requirements
If your school does not offer Fire and Safety, HIPAA and/or Infection Precautions Training (Hand washing) within the schools curriculum, please access the Nursing Clinical Placement District #1 website. For each of the three required modules listed on the WSCP (as named above) choose the same titled exam in the left hand column on the web site. Complete the exam, print certificate of completion and give the certificate to your instructor to record completion on the SCPR.
Please read only; 1.Franciscan Health System Student Orientation Packet. Afterward, please print documents #2, 3, 4, 5 and 6.
- Print and complete questions on #2 post orientation test as a self study guide
- Print and review #3 answer key
- Print, complete and sign #4 acknowledgement
- Print, complete sign #5 Confidentiality statement
- Print and complete #6 Student Clinical Passport Reqirements (SCPR)
Finally, give #4, 5 and 6 to your instructor. They will verify the information on the SCPR, initial and forward these documents to Student Placement.
Instructors: verify the information on the SCPR and initial. Forward a SCPR, confidentiality statement and orientation acknowledgement for each student. If you have multiple students, please use the Class Summary Sheet in lieu of a SCPR for each. Class Summary Sheet (instructor use only)
Maps and directions
St. Joseph Medical Center, Tacoma
St. Anthony Hospital, Gig Harbor
St. Clare Hospital, Lakewood
St. Elizabeth Hospital, Enumclaw
St. Francis Hospital, Federal Way
At least one day prior to your first clinical shift or the first item of business on orientation day, each instructor and student(s) is required to go to the Security office (at St. Joseph) or Human Resources office (all other sites) in their assigned hospital. This pertains to an instructor led class and also individual students. The Security office will issue each instructor and/or student a temporary parking pass and inspect your picture identification.
To locate each Security office within each facility, please call:
St. Joseph Medical Center – 253-426-6016 (Photo ID office)
St. Anthony Hospital – 253-530-2132
St. Clare Hospital – 253-512-2704
St. Elizabeth Hospital – 360-802-8560
St. Francis Hospital – (pager) 253-687-1777